- Volunteers Wanted for The Princess Project
- Cancer Survivor and Caregiver Celebration
- Visit the Scripps Ranch Farmers Market
- Apply for Don Diego College Scholarships
- The Easter Bunny is Coming to SRFM
- EB Scripps Education Food Packaging
- PowPAC Theatre’s Upcoming Shows
- Supervisors Support “Think Local First”
Mook & Pop’s Sugar Molasses Cookies
- 1 1/2 cups canola oil
- 1/2 cup molasses
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 eggs
- 4 cups flour
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon cloves
- 1 teaspoon ginger
- 2 teaspoon cinnamon
- Mix oil, molasses, sugar, and eggs in a mixing bowl; beat well.
- Combine flour with remaining ingredients and add gradually to molasses mixture. Dough will be stiff.
- Cover dough and chill at least 2 hours or overnight.
- Preheat oven to 375° F.
- Roll dough into balls about the size of a walnut then roll in granulated sugar.
- Place balls on greased cookie sheets and bake for about 10 to 12 minutes.
Makes 4 dozen cookies[box title="About the Chef" color="#423215"]
Chef’s Names: Richard and Susan Widney
Ages: Richard – 68,Susan – 65
Family Members: Two children, Lauren and Rebekah Widney
Community of Residence: Carmel Valley
Hobbies/ Interests: Music, florals
About the Recipe: This cookie is a 60 year old recipe from Richard’s sister, “Mook”, and is one of the most popular cookies. It is a wonderful cookie to bake during the holiday’s and one of our most popular cookies.
About the Chefs: Richard and Susan Widney are the owners of Mook and Pop’s Culinary Delights. Growing up with delicious treats from his older sister, Richard wants to give the rest of the world a taste of homemade treats that define simple, yet gourmet desserts. He has taken Mook and Pop’s and kept it running with family members who have grown up with the knowledge of home made goods and the importance of tradition.[/box]