Mo’s Cranberry Lemon Muffins
- 1 cup gluten-free old-fashioned oats
- 1 cup organic cranberries
- 4 tablespoons raw agave syrup
- 1 ½ cup gluten-free finely ground almond meal/flour
- 2 ½ teaspoons baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup organic unsweetened almond milk (room temperature)
- ¼ cup organic extra virgin coconut oil
- 1 large egg (organic cage-free)
- ½ teaspoon freshly grated lemon zest
- Salt and Pepper
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Fill a 12-cup muffin tin with liners.
- In a food processor or blender pulse oats until finely ground. Transfer to large bowl. In same processor pulse cranberries with 1 tablespoon agave syrup until chopped.
- Whisk flours, baking powder, and salt into bowl with oats. In a separate bowl whisk almond milk, coconut oil, egg, lemon zest, and remaining 3 tablespoons of agave and blend well. Add almond-milk mixture to flour mixture and stir until just mixed. Fold in cranberry mixture.
- Divide batter among the 12 cups. Bake for 20 minutes.
- Check with a toothpick. Cool in pan on a wire rack for 5 minutes, then remove from pan. Enjoy!
Makes: 12 muffins | Total Time: 30 minutes
About the Chef
Name of Chef: Maureen Salinas
Family Members: Shawn, Jenifer, Corinne, and our two handsome dogs, Chico and Willis
Community: Scripps Ranch, Bellasario at Stonebridge
Interests: Working out, travel, water and snow sports, reading, cooking
Favorite Local Activity: Always looking for a new restaurant to enjoy good food and wine. Live music, Padres games, the beach.
About the Recipe: The muffins are gluten-free and made with mostly organic ingredients to make them as clean and healthy as possible. By using almond meal, it bumps up the protein content and gives them a mild nutty flavor.
About the Chef: Southern Californian native. My passions are health and fitness. I am constantly researching new health trends and recipes to incorporate into my lifestyle. I enjoy finding recipes and making them my own by modifying them to make them as healthy as possible.