Véronique’s Raspberry Vacherin
- 4 eggs
- 1 ¼ cups of crème fraîche
- ½ cup of sugar
- 5 meringues
- 4 cups (17.6 ounces) of raspberries, fresh or frozen
- Zest from 1 lemon
- Separate the egg yolks and the whites.
- Mix the yolks with the sugar, crème fraîche, lemon zest, and gently crushed raspberries.
- Whip the egg whites into a light mousse and add them to the yolk mixture.
- Pour a little bit of the mix into a rectangular cake pan, like a loaf pan.
- Spread gently crushed meringues on top (4 to 5 crumbles per meringue).
- Pour the rest of the mix on top of the meringue crumbles.
- Put the pan in the freezer for at least 6 hours.
Makes: 10 servings • Total Time: 15 minutes for the preparation and 6 hours in the freezer
About the Chef
Name of Chef: Véronique Ricatte
Family: Husband – Jean-Marc; children – Axelle and Rafael
Community: Scripps Ranch
Hobbies & Interests: I love traveling, reading, and, above all, taking care of my family.
Favorite Local Activity: I like walking by Miramar lake, hiking on Mount Woodson, and trying new restaurants with my friends.
About the Recipe: It’s a recipe originally from Lyon, a city in the east of France. I like to make it when I want to share with new friends something from my country. There are plenty of different recipes to make a Vacherin. This is just one of them. Instead of putting raspberries in the mix, you can do a raspberry coulis and pour it on the Vacherin. The visual is fantastic!
About the Chef: I moved from San Jose to Scripps Ranch one year ago. We’ve been in the United States for seven years. So far it has been a great experience for all my family and me. The community spirit, the laid back lifestyle typical from here, and the sincere welcome from everybody anywhere in California make us feel at home. So I take this opportunity to give back by sharing a recipe dear to my heart. Enjoy!
GET PUBLISHED! SUBMIT A RECIPE AT WWW.92131MAGAZINE.COM